TWO* “Mispronounced as tute”(When hands are put down from Saluting)
MC’s choice if they want to have everyone take a vow of silence
MC’s choice if they want to have Veterans Salute or not(IT’S AN HONOR FOR THOSE WHO SERVED BECAUSE THEY DON’T USUALLY GET A CHANCE TO SALUTE)
MC’s choice if they want to say “Scouts and Audience Attention or Audience Attention”
Note: To Whoever is Reading the Story, Read it as the Flag, Take your time, Speak from the Heart and Let those know who are listening, Remember Why our Flag is The Grand Old Flag.
1. “Scouts and” Audience Attention
2. Color Guard Attention (WAIT A FEW SECONDS BEFORE SAYING NEXT LINE)
3. Color Guard Advance
4. Color Guard Prepare to Present Colors
5. Present Colors
(AFTER THEY ARE DONE HAVE A PERSON OR THE MC READ THE STORY BELOW)
“Read the Story As If you WERE the American Flag”
Some people call me “Old Glory”
Others call me the “Star Spangled Banner”
But whatever they call me, I am your Flag,
The Flag of the United States of America….
Something has been bothering me, so I thought I might talk it over with you… because it is about you…. and me.
I remember some time ago people lined up on both sides of the street to watch a parade, and naturally I was leading every parade, proudly waving in the breeze. When your Daddy saw me coming, he immediately removed his hat and placed it against his left shoulder, so that his hand was directly over his heart… Remember?
And you, I remember you. Standing there straight as a soldier. You didn’t have a hat, but you were giving the right salute. Remember little sister? Not to be outdone, she was saluting the same as you, with her hand over her heart…. Remember?
What happened? I’m still the same old flag. Oh, I have a few more stars now and a lot more blood has been shed since those days long ago. But now I don’t feel as proud as I used to. When I come down the street you just stand there with your hands in your pockets, and I may get a small glance, but then you look away.
Then I see children running around and shouting; they don’t seem to know who I am…. I saw one man take off his hat, then he looked around and saw no one else with their hat off, so he quickly put his hat back on.
Is it a sin to be patriotic now? Have you forgotten what I stand for? And where I’ve been? Anzio…. Normandy… Guadalcanal…. Iwo Jima….. Korea…..Vietnam…. and the Persian Gulf?
Take a look at the Memorial Honor Rolls sometime. Note the names of those who never came back; they died to keep this republic free… One Nation Under God!
When you salute me… you are actually saluting them.
Well, it won’t be long now until I’ll be coming down your street again…. So when you see me, stand straight, place your right hand over your heart, and I’ll salute you by waiving back…. and I’ll know….
6. Scouts Salute. If any Veterans and Military personnel are Present, then if you wish, please Salute the Flag as you did in Service
7. Please Join me in saying the Pledge of Allegiance to Honor this Flag’s Service
8. Color Guard Retire the Flag (Color Guard Now Puts the Flag in the Fire)
9. (WAIT TILL THE FLAG IS FULLY BURNED)
10. Two* “People mispronounce as “toot or tute”.”(WHEN PEOPLE PUT THEIR HAND DOWN FROM SALUTING)
11. Please maintain a Vow of Silence until you have moved out of this area then you may speak again.
12. Color Guard Salute, Two*
13. Color Guard Regroup
14. Color Guard Dismissed
15. Thank you For attending this Ceremony and Have a Good Night